XDR Momentum Grows as Industry Calls for Solution to Common Security Challenges
SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Trellix, the cybersecurity company delivering the future of extended detection and response (XDR), today released findings from a survey of 376 IT and cybersecurity professionals across North America in conjunction with analyst firm, ESG. This survey examined the state of security operations (SecOps) amid a challenging landscape, with 81 percent confirming the cybersecurity skills shortage has impacted their operations.
Survey findings include:
- Users want XDR to address common threat detection and response challenges. Current tools require specialized skills, struggle to detect and investigate advanced threats and aren’t effective at correlating alerts.
- CISOs look to XDR, especially advanced threat detection, to improve security efficacy. They also want XDR to streamline SecOps and bolster staff productivity to alleviate staff shortages.
- SecOps want XDR to prioritize alerts based on risk, improve detection of advanced threats, create greater efficiency in forensic investigations, reinforce security controls and prevent future attacks.
“SecOps teams need a better way to collect, process, analyze, and act upon massive amounts of data,” said Aparna Rayasam, Trellix’s chief product officer. “Trellix meets this need head on by pulling all the data into one holistic view so teams can work smarter and respond faster.”
Trellix XDR Integrations Update
Since launching as a company early this year, Trellix has continued integration of the McAfee Enterprise and FireEye product lines and made investments into Trellix XDR. To date, the company has:
- Completed the Security Operations platform integration with Trellix Insights for more proactive intelligence to improve detection and response and preempt threats.
- Streamlined XDR workflows and integrated user experiences across the Trellix portfolio.
- Added Trellix Automated Response (TAR) to the cloud native SecOps platform, giving users flexibility for both on-prem and cloud-based playbooks.
- Integrated Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policy and incident management into the Security Operations platform to enrich an analyst’s context and accelerate workflows.
- Increased email intelligence to improve detection and response of advanced threats and campaigns.
Coming in September: Xpand LIVE
Learn more about XDR - save the date for Trellix’s in-person user conference, Xpand LIVE, September 27 – 29 in Las Vegas. Registration is now open.
Trellix is a global company redefining the future of cybersecurity and soulful work. The company’s open and native extended detection and response (XDR) platform helps organizations confronted by today’s most advanced threats gain confidence in the protection and resilience of their operations. Trellix, along with an extensive partner ecosystem, accelerates technology innovation through machine learning and automation to empower over 40,000 business and government customers with living security. More at https://trellix.com.
Founded in 2000, Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) combines deep practitioner knowledge and extensive primary research to develop purpose-built content deliverables that help buyers buy and sellers sell. With content that addresses the key aspects of the buyer’s journey, ESG helps technology vendors create greater buyer confidence. Looking to deepen its base of decision support content, Tech Target, Inc., acquired ESG in 2021. ESG proudly applies its expertise in all of the key go-to-market segments served by TechTarget, Inc., and together they help a range of IT professionals navigate the specific dynamics of individual technology markets.
Sep 28, 2022
Trellix Empowers Next Generation of Cybersecurity Talent at Xpand Live
Sep 28, 2022
Trellix Accelerates Channel Success Through Unified Partner Program and Expanded Security Innovation Alliance
Sep 28, 2022
Trellix Expands XDR Platform to Transform Security Operations
Sep 26, 2022
60% of Cybersecurity Professionals Feel They Are Losing Ground Against Cybercriminals
Sep 21, 2022
Trellix Launches Advanced Research Center, Finds Estimated 350K Open-Source Projects at Risk to Supply Chain Vulnerability
Get the latest
We’re no strangers to cybersecurity. But we are a new company.
Stay up to date as we evolve.